Open, honest and transparent.
Please read the terms of this policy carefully before before using the Investor Meet Company Site/App.
What's in this policy?
This acceptable use policy sets out the content standards that apply when you upload content to the domain www.investormeetcompany.com (our "Site") and the Investor Meet Company application, as updated from time to time (the "App"),or when you make contact with other users on our Site/App, link to our Site, or interact with our Site/App in any other way.
Who we are and how to contact us
The Site and App are operated by Investor Meet Company Limited ("We").
We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 11588094 and have our registered office at Rear Ground Floor Hygeia Building, 66-68 College Road, Harrow, Middlesex, HA1 1BE, United Kingdom.
Our VAT number is 322513933.
To contact us, please email email@example.com or telephone our customer service line on 0203 970 5500.
By using our Site/App you accept these terms
By using our Site or App, you confirm that you accept the terms of this policy and that you agree to comply with them. If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use our Site or App. We recommend that you print a copy of these terms for future reference.
There are other terms that may apply to you
We may make changes to this policy
We amend these terms from time to time. Every time you wish to use our Site or App, please check these terms to ensure you understand the terms that apply at that time.
You may use our Site or App only for lawful purposes. You may not use our Site or App:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate any person.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material or content which does not comply with our content standards as detailed below.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site or App;
- any equipment or network on which our Site or App is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site or App; or any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our Site or App, including, without limitation:
- Participation in Live Presentations; and
- Demand Driven Meeting requests; including Q&A, polling and feedback opportunities. (interactive services.)
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical). We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our Site or App. Other than from a technical perspective pertaining to the performance of our platform, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our Site or App, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not. Our Site and App may only be used by UK Individuals over 16 years of age.
Question and Content Standards
These content standards apply to any and all questions/ material/content which you contribute to our Site /App and participate in Live Presentations. (Contribution), and to any interactive services associated with it.
The Content Standards must be complied with in spirit as well as to the letter. The standards apply to each part of any Contribution as well as to its whole.
Investor Meet Company will determine, in its discretion, whether a Contribution breaches the Content Standards.
A Contribution must:
- Be accurate (where it states facts).
- Be genuinely held (where it states opinions).
- Comply with the law applicable in England and Wales and in any country from which it is posted.
Under no circumstances should a Contribution submitted:
- Be defamatory of any person or libelous or maliciously false;
- be obscene, offensive, hateful, inflammatory or indecent;
- bully, insult, intimidate or humiliate;
- infringe any copyright, moral right, database right, trade mark right, design right, right in passing off, or any other intellectual property right;
- infringe any right of confidence, right of privacy or right under data protection legislation;
- constitute or contain any negligent or misleading statement;
- promote or constitute an incitement to commit any illegal activity or crime, instructions for the commission of a crime or the promotion of criminal activity;
- be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order;
- be in breach of racial or religious hatred or discrimination legislation;
- be blasphemous;
- be in breach of official secrets legislation;
- be in breach of any contractual obligation owed to any person;
- depict or promote violence;
- be pornographic, lewd, suggestive or sexually explicit;
- be untrue, false, inaccurate or misleading;
- consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, financial loss or any other loss or damage;
- constitute spam;
- be offensive, deceptive, fraudulent, threatening, abusive, harassing, anti-social, menacing, hateful, discriminatory or inflammatory;
- cause annoyance, harassment, embarrassment, inconvenience or needless anxiety to any person;
- impersonate any person, or misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person; be or have ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
- Give the impression that the Contribution emanates from Investor Meet Company, if this is not the case;
- Contain a statement which you know or believe, or have reasonable grounds for believing, that members of the public to whom the statement is, or is to be, published are likely to understand as a direct or indirect encouragement or other inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism; or
- Contain any advertising or promote any services or web links to other sites Your Contribution must be appropriate, civil and tasteful, and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behaviour on the internet.
You must not use our Site to link to any website or web page consisting of or containing material that would, were it posted on our website and or app, breach the provisions of these Terms.
We expect all users to comply with all relevant laws and/or market conventions. In particular: It is a criminal offence to deliberately create a false or misleading impression as to the market in, or the price of, any investments thereby inducing another person to acquire or dispose of those investments.
Your Contribution must not be illegal or unlawful, must not infringe any person's legal rights, and must not be capable of giving rise to legal action against any person (in each case in any jurisdiction and under any applicable law).
Your Contribution must be appropriate, civil and tasteful, and accord with generally accepted standards of etiquette and behavior on the internet.
You must not submit to our Site or App any material that is or has ever been the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings or other similar complaint.
You must ensure that your Contributions do not constitute: a financial promotion, an advertisement for any particular investment or investment business, or an invitation or inducement to engage in investment activity; investment advice, including advice on the merits of buying, selling, subscribing for, underwriting or exercising rights in relation to a particular security or investment; the making of an arrangement for another person to buy, sell, subscribe for or underwrite a security or investment; any financial service or activity regulated or controlled by or pursuant to UK financial services law or any other applicable law; or any unsupported statement intended or liable to boost the price of any investment.
Breach of this policy
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any Contribution uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary or as required by law. We exclude our liability for all action we may take in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The actions we may take are not limited to those described above, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Reporting a breach
If you become aware of any breach of this policy, you will immediately notify us and provide us with assistance, as requested, to stop or remedy the breach. To report any breach of this policy, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The terms of this policy, its subject matter and its formation (and any non-contractual disputes or claims) are governed by English law. We both agree to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.